I’m not sure if Sitecore Rocks is the only way to do this, but I recently had to enable a disabled field of a SPEAK form. I figured you would be able to change field settings in the content editor of Core, but I couldn’t find any way to do it from there. This post will describe how to change field properties through Sitecore Rocks; if there is another way to do this, please let me know through the comments. In my case, I was using SPEAK 2 with Sitecore 8.1.
- Open your instance via Sitecore Rocks and navigate to your app’s task page in the Core database.
- Right click the Item and select Tasks -> Design Layout.
- You should see some fields under Renderings and Placeholders. Double click the field you wish to edit.
- On the right, a properties dialog will appear.
- To disable the field – which will prevent text entry and make the background gray – set IsEnabled to False, IsReadOnly to True and add disabled=disabled to the Parameters field.
- To enable the field, set IsEnabled to True, IsReadOnly to False and remove the disabled=disabled parameter.
Hopefully this helps other SPEAK developers out there! Feedback is appreciated.